Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ORCID provides a persistent digital identifier that distinguishes you from every other researcher and ensures that your work is recognized by linking you to your professional activities.
Unlike other research IDs, your ORCID iD is universal. It's not tied to any institution or database, and it can follow you wherever your research takes you.
Publishers, funders, research institutions, and other organizations are increasingly adopting or supporting ORCID.
You can get yourself set up with ORCID in three easy steps
- Get an ORCID number
- Registering for your ORCID iD only takes 30 seconds at orcid.org!
- Add your works. ORCID is one the easiest profiles to keep up to date.
- Once you've created your ORCID iD, it's easy to add your scholarly works to your ORCID record and enable automatic updates
- You can link your works from another system such as Scopus, PubMed, Web of Science, Crossref and many more
- ORCID can be linked to your ULRIS profile allowing ULRIS to be automatically populated from ORCID when you make changes.
- Use your ORCID Number
- Include your ORCID identifier on your webpage,
- When you submit publications
- When you apply for grants
- In any research workflow to ensure you get credit for your work.
Linking ORCID to ULRIS
Step by step instructions on how to link your ORCID account to ULRIS are outlined in the slides above.