Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is EndNote?
EndNote is a a type of reference management software which allows you to create your own reference database and then to use that database to generate a bibliography in your papers, books and theses. It is available in both Desktop and Online versions with EndNote X9 being the current Desktop version.
EndNote helps users:
- Gather references automatically from databases;
- Format documents and citations instantly in a variety of styles;
- Generate bibliographies;
- Create and organise a personal research database of references, images and PDFs;
- Share citations with colleagues.
Installing EndNote Desktop
UL Students and Staff members can install EndNote X9 on their personally owned computers as well as UL owned computers.
- To install EndNote X9 on your UL build PC go to: Start > Programs > Specialist Software (or Install Software) > EndNote X9.
- If you wish to install EndNote X9 on your personal computer you can request the installation files by contacting the Library using Ask Us / Tell Us (https://www.ul.ie/library/use-library/ask-us-tell-us).
EndNote Q&A session - online webinar
This session is hosted by EndNote.
This is an open question-and-answer drop-in webinar, much like a professor's office hours. Drop in any time during the session to get answers about how to use EndNote. Registration is required, but participants' identities will not be shared during the call.
Upcoming sessions and registration is available on the EndNote training page
EndNote for Systematic Reviews
Below are slides from EndNote Desktop tutorials.