Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Google Scholar Profile
Google Scholar Citations lets authors set up a profile page that lists their publications and citation metrics.
The citation metrics are updated automatically, and you can choose to have your list of publications updated automatically or update them yourself.
You can make your profile public, so that it appears in Google Scholar results when people search for your name.
Set up a Google Scholar Citations profile to make it easier for yourself and others to quickly:
- Find your publications,
- Keep track of citations to your publications,
- Check who has cited your publications,
- Graph citations over time, and compute several citation metrics.
Setting up your profile
You can sign up for a Google Scholar Citations profile:
- Sign in to your Google account, or create one if you do not have one.
- Go to Google Scholar and click on the My profile link.
- Follow the prompts to set up your profile:
- Enter your UL email address in the Email for verification field.
- Add your publications.
- Select the Article updates setting: Email me updates for review (otherwise Google Scholar may automatically add incorrect publications to your profile).
- Review and complete your profile: for example, upload a photo and double check the list of articles.
- Ensure you make your profile public if you want other people to be able to view it.
- Visit your email inbox and click on the verification link.
Google Scholar and ORCID
To import Google Scholar Profile publications into ORCID:
1. Go to your Google Scholar Citations profile page
2. Select works to be exported and click Export
3. Select BibTeX and save the file
4. Login to ORCID and go to your record
5. Click 'Add works' and and select 'Import BibTeX' and select the file you saved in Google Scholar