Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Publons Profile (ResearcherID) is similar to the Scopus Author Identifier, it is a unique identifier for individual researchers but the difference is that you create and maintain it yourself.
Your Publons profile is the public facing element of your Publons account where others can see your publications, verified peer reviews, verfified editorial board memberships and editor records.
If you register for on Publons you will be assigned a unique ID number that remains the same, regardless of whether your name or institution changes, and can:
- Import your publications from Web of Science, ORCID, or your reference manager (Endnote or Mendeley),
- Create an online profile showcasing your work as an author, peer reviewer and editor,
- More easily track the citation metrics for your publications indexed in Web of Science Core Collection, and
- Make it easier for others to find your body of work and identify you as a potential collaborator.
Publons and ORCID
Go to Publons registration page
If you already have ResearcherID or Endnote or Web of Science account you can log in using those credentials and start using Publons. If not, follow the instructions on the page to register with Publons.
You can link your ORCID to your Publons Profile. This is recommended because it enables you to import publications from ORCID to Publons.
To connect an account on Publons:
- Navigate to the Connected Accounts tab of your Account settings page.
- Select “Connect” alongside the account type you wish to connect.
- Authenticate that account.
How to Register
There are two ways to register for a Publons account:
Via Web of Science:
- Go to Web of Science
- Select 'Sign In'.
- Sign in to Web of Science or register for a free Web of Science account.
- Select: 'My Tools' > 'Publons' and follow the prompts to register.
- Go to https://publons.com/about/home/
- Click the 'Create a Publons Profile' button.
- Enter your name and email address and a registration invitation link will be emailed to you.
Once you have a Publons profile you can:
- Build your own custom profile.
- Build your publication list by:
- Importing from a Web of Science search,
- Uploading an RIS, CSV or Bibtex file (from EndNote, RefWorks or other reference management software)
- Linking to an ORCiD account
- Uploading by Identifiers, DOI or Title.
- Web of Science
Web of Science Core Collection provides quick, powerful access to the world's leading citation databases. Authoritative, multidisciplinary content covers over 12,000 of the highest impact journals worldwide, including Open Access journals and over 150,000 conference proceedings. You'll find current and retrospective coverage in the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities, with coverage to 1900.
Adding publications to Publons
Adding via Web of Science, ORCID, DOI and EndNote
If available add publications to your ResearcherID publication list from Web of Science. This will provide you with a variety of ResearcherID citation metrics including your h-index, sum of times cited, articles with citation data.
You can add publications to your ResearcherID on Publons using the 4 options available. These options are available via the Publications menu item once logged into Publons.
- Select See My Web of Science publications and import those publications found that are yours.
- Import from ORCID
- Import by DOI
- Import using an RIS, CSV or Bibtext file (you can export an RIS file from your EndNote Desktop library).