Skip to Main Content

Open Access Publishing: Rockefeller University Press

The Glucksman Library's guide to assist researchers to publish their work Open Access

Agreement Details

This agreement gives current staff and students:

  • Unlimited access to all content published in RUP’s three hybrid journals—Journal of Cell Biology (JCB), Journal of Experimental Medicine (JEM), and Journal of General Physiology (JGP)—immediately after publication.
  • Research articles by corresponding authors based at our institution are published immediate open access under a CC-BY license, directly deposited to PubMed Central (PMC) and subsequently to Europe PMC, and archived in LOCKSS/CLOCKSS and Portico.
  • 100% coverage of research article publication fees for authors within the institution, with no limit to the number of articles that may be published immediate open access.

Agreement period: 1 Jan 2022 to 31 Dec 2024

OA quota per year: unlimited

Journals Included

Corresponding authors affiliated with participating IReL institutions can publish open access articles in these journals:

  • Journal of Cell Biology (Online ISSN 1540-8140)
  • Journal of Experimental Medicine (Online ISSN 1540-9538)
  • Journal of General Physiology (Online ISSN 1540-7748)

Author Details

For an article to be eligible, the corresponding author must be UL staff or student at the time of the article's acceptance for publication.

Upon submitting their article, the author will be asked to validate their institution. The IReL member institution (UL) must be indicated.

The article must be accepted between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2024.

If invited to submit a final revision, the author will receive a request to sign our license once the revision is received.

Authors who publish in RUP journals always retain copyright ownership or have the ability to set the copyright owner as their institutions when required.

Author Affiliations

Corresponding authors must be a current staff member or student of UL.  

In the article submission process you must correctly identify your institution.

You should use your UL email address when submitting your article. 

If your manuscript is accepted for publication, the publisher will give you the opportunity to make your article Open Access and apply a Creative Commons license. The publisher will then contact the participating institution to confirm your eligibility under the agreement.